Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Wild Capture Foraging Tours

I am a forager based in Christchurch and the Waipara Region in North Canterbury. My foraging tours are based around Banks Peninsula and the wine growing regions of North Canterbury. Typically foraging trips range from 3- 6 hours and a wide selection of foraged foods is collected and prepared at either a local restaurant or out in the field with simple dishes that allow the tastes of the foraged ingredients to be savoured. I have lived in Canterbury all my life and have an intimate knowledge of the region and it's natural resources. I have written a range of regional foraging guides that are available online and am working on a comprehensive photographic guide to the forage foods available in New Zealand. I often travel around NZ and work with chefs (such as James Beck at Bistronomy in Napier and Giulio Sturla at Roots in Lyttelton and have been employed by top Queenstown Resturant , Amisfiled, for 18 months working for innovative chef Vaughan Mabee and Forager/chef Adam Harrison ) and have involved with the implementation of foraged foods into a range of tertiary institutions My business name is Wild Capture and I can be contacted on 0274501916 (NZ) or Email E: langlands@xtra.co.nz Foraging tours are customised for group requirements. We can also visit local vineyards and match foraged foods to locally produced wines Peter Langlands Wild capture Foraging Tours

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this great post, i find it very interesting and very well thought out and put together. I look forward to reading your work in the future. peru jungle tours

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post. Ausangate Rainbow Mountain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora. Ive been interested in foraging for some time and would very much like the opportunity to do this. I live in Christchurch, it would only be myself, so I could tag along with a group booking. Is this possible and how much are your foraging fun tours please? Nga mihi nui - Pauline

    ReplyDelete